- Place hot water in the storage container. Add baby oil then essential oil if using this option. Secondly add the baby wash. Whisk thoroughly and gently to avoid the solution becoming too foamy.
- Cut the paper towel roll in half and place (cut side down) in container with the solution.
- Shake vigorously and voila, homemade baby wipes are done.
- Pull wipes from the middle of the roll.
Save some money and know exactly what you are rubbing onto your baby’s butt with this simple homemade baby wipes solution.
1-2 tbsp liquid baby wash (unscented)
1-2 tbsp baby oil (can also use almond or olive oil)
2 cups of warm water
container large enough to to store the wipes
Optional: 1-2 drops of Tea Tree essential oil (oil has anti-fungal & antimicrobial properties)
* add if your baby is older than 3 months old
** caution using essential oils during the first trimester of pregnancy
Sometimes the solution can be too soapy. Add more water or reduce the amount of baby wash and oil you put in the solution. Play around with the amount of ingredients to get the solution to your desired wetness.