This fun learning tool for shapes, colors and numbers is a neat way to countdown to Christmas.
- Large 32″ x 36″ sheet of felt
- 10-12 sheets of felt of various colours
- fabric “no sew” bond
- measuring tape
- glue gun
- felt numbers
- dowel rod
- Optional: Fabric of your choice for the elf
- googly eyes
- iron & ironing board
4. Once you have decided where everything goes and the fit for each it’s time to start cutting the forms out of the felt. Don’t forget to leave room for the dowel rod.
- For the tree, each section used an entire piece of felt.
- The bottom left side corner, the pocket for the ornaments to be stored also used an entire piece of felt.
- Be as creative as you wish. This is your Advent Calendar.
8. Cut small velcro pieces and glue to the back side of each ornament. This will help reinforce the form to the tree and from little tiny hands.
9. Glue the other side of the velcro onto the tree.