These easy to make meat patties are a simple way to add some flare to your ground beef.
Under 30 minutes total time to make…now who wouldn’t want that?
Now why millet flour you ask? Millet has been around for centuries. A relatively unknown gluten free seed that is a source for a variety of nutrients. Nutrients such as magnesium, calcium, fiber, antioxidants and b vitamins to name a few. Why use bread crumbs as a binder when there is another more beneficial ingredient to substitute instead.
Serve with a side of greens or fresh veggies.
Prep: 15 minutes Cook: 10-15 minutes
1 lb lean ground beef
1/4 cup millet flour (or in a food processor pulse 1 cup puffed millet to a fine flour)
1 tbsp grated fresh garlic
2 tbsp chopped onion
2 tbsp salt
2 tbsp paprika
2 tbsp marjoram
- Combine eggs, millet flour, garlic, onion, salt, paprika and marjoram until fully mixed.
- Add the ground beef
- Using your hands, mesh together all ingredients until completely interlaced.
- Shape into six (1cm) thick patties using your hands.
- Add olive oil to nonstick skillet over medium heat. Be sure to have oil completely cover the bottom of the skillet.
- Cook until patties are golden brown
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.