Quinoa, pronounced “keen wah” is a seed (sometimes referred to as a grain) gluten-free super food. A protein source that is high in dietary fibre and loaded in vitamins and all eight essential amino acids
The beauty about the quick and easy to make quinoa is that it can be served either hot or cold. A nice addition to any salad, soup or as a side dish.
Looking for something different, check out my Asian Quinoa Sesame Seed Salad
Asian Quinoa Sesame Salad
Preparation: 15 minutes Makes 6-8 servings
- 1 cup Quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 English cucumber (sliced & diced)
- 8 sweet grape tomatoes (chopped into 3 pieces)
- 1 orange pepper (diced)
- 1/3 cup green onion (sliced)
- 1 tsp sesame seed
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp grated fresh ginger
- 1 tbsp honey
- Boil on medium heat 1 cup of quinoa in 2 cups of water. Once quinoa cooked (water is absorbed) rinse the seeds under running water and allow to cool.
- Mix and toss all salad ingredients in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl whisk together the soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, sesame oil, grated ginger and honey.
- Pour over the quinoa and veggie mix and toss well.
- Serve with a smile.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.